Our Society has its origins in the Caldewgate Wesleyan Chapel erected in 1865 to serve that large populated area. The work expanded and a Sunday School was added in 1874. As the city developed to the west and the Caldewgate premises became too small and inadequate a new site on Wigton Road was purchased, and the present Church was built opening on 6th June 1929. We have maintained a Christian witness in this locality for over 150 years and today our premises are well used by a wide range of groups serving both the Church and community.
Worship takes place on a Sunday morning with a regular pattern of Holy Communion, morning and all age worship where we encourage our many uniformed organisations to worship with us.
Along with Newtown we are active members of the Two Rivers Mission Community.
- Short Mat Bowls weekly 2.00pm
- Beavers 5.15pm weekly (Term Time)
- Lunch Club 1.00pm (1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month)
- Tuesday Fellowship 2.30pm
- Rainbows 4.30pm
- Brownies 5.30pm
- Guides 7.00pm
- Prayer Group 1.00pm
- Cubs 6.15pm
- Men's Group 7.30pm monthly
- Wives Group 7.30pm fortnightly
- Parent & Toddlers 10.00am
- Kids Club 6.00pm
- Scouts 7.30pm
Sunday Service 10:30am
Sunday Junior Church 10.30am
Cafe Style Worship
First Thursday of month at 7.00pm
Messy Church (for family fun!)
Usually first Saturday of month at 4.00pm
Our premises may be hired for meetings or classes in a number of different size and priced rooms. Viewing of the premises can be arranged by appointment. The church has a large car park which has proved to be a great advantage.
For more information regarding the cost of hiring of rooms and availability, please telephone our Room Booking Secretary:-
Mrs Doreen Fairless on 01228 562638
Map Ref: NY390556
- Mrs Janice Gray - 07877301824
- Mrs Susan Kydd - 01228 401595
- Mr Gordon Kydd - 01228 401595
- Mrs Doreen Fairless - 01228 562638
- Mr Jim Fletcher - 016973 42787